Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yummilicious Quinoa Bites

DSC_0050

Today I had some leftover cooked quinoa and I thought I'd try making it into some paddies... so here's the result! I fried them in a non-stick frying pan (they look burnt I know, but they aren't really and they definitely don't taste burnt).

Then I made a dip to go with it, and put together it's to die for!! (okay, that was an exaggeration - but it is really really good!)

What's in the paddies:

  • Cooked quinoa (had some lime juice in it when cooked)
  • Melted butter/margarine
  • Potatoe flour
  • Parsley (I didn't have fresh so just used dried)
  • Salt
  • Garlic powder
  • Vegan parmesan cheese
  • Chunky salsa
And the dip:
  • Vegan mayonnaise
  • Soy yoghurt
  • Dijon mustard
  • Lime juice
  • Salt
  • Ajvar
So that's it.. Form the paddie mixture into small paddies and fry in a frying pan (don't need to add oil since there's already plenty fattiness in the mixture). For the dip, I just mixed the ingredients together in a bowl and then they're done.
There are plenty of ways I'm sure to be more creative with a recipe like this, and another day I'll try making them with more raw ingredients... but today I was kind of lazy busy and thought I'd do it the simple and quick way. :)

1 comment: